Per our earlier announcement, the Department of Commerce Working Washington grant portal will close this Friday, April 9, at 5:00 P.M. Grants are available in an amount up to $25,000 for qualifying businesses, but time is running out. Visit www.commercegrants.com for eligibility and application info.
Economic Recovery Initiative
Information for Workers and Employers in Thurston County
The Thurston Regional Economic Recovery Task Force* is developing and coordinating a multi-faceted response to the COVID-19 Pandemic and its specific impacts to and throughout our broader Thurston County Community.
This is a difficult period for our community, and we want you to know, you’re not alone. Local partners are coming together in an effort to figure out how we can reduce impacts today and position ourselves for a quick and effective recovery in the months ahead.
We will endeavor to provide local businesses and impacted workers relevant information through this resource site and other means as events unfold. We’re working fast to bring you information as we learn about it, so please forgive any errors or omissions and be sure to share with us any resources or solutions you think could help others.
Together, we will make it through this.
- Micro-Business Standup Grant
- PPE Resources
- Nonprofit Grant
- Restaurant-Retail Grant
- Childcare Stabilization Fund
- Agriculture Business Grant Fund
* The Task Force is represented by a growing number of partners, including the City of Lacey, City of Olympia, City of Tumwater, City of Yelm, Community Foundation of South Puget Sound, Experience Olympia & Beyond, Olympia Downtown Alliance, Pacific Mountain Workforce Development Council, Port of Olympia, Thurston Chamber of Commerce, Thurston County, Thurston Economic Development Council and local Tribal Nations.
The application portal for Shuttered Venue Operator grants described in an earlier update (targeting businesses that hosted live performances, etc. that have been economically impacted by COVID-19) is now open. You can learn more and apply here: Shuttered Venue Operators Grant.
The Washington State Department of Agriculture has announced four new grant programs to support:
- Farmers Markets
- Shellfish Growers
- Agritourism Farms
- Craft Beverage Businesses
Grants will be prioritized for small and/or other ag businesses that were previously ineligible for State grants. The average estimated award amount is $15,000, with expected payment by the end of May.
Sign up – we’ll keep you updated as new information becomes available.