Over the past month, Thurston Strong partners have provided over $1.1 million in grant support to local childcare providers and small businesses. The majority of this funding comes from federal CARES Act dollars approved by Congress and allocated to individual States earlier this year. Major pass-through investors include Thurston County and the Cities of Lacey, Olympia and Tumwater. These totals do not include prior grant funding provided through the City of Lacey or Working Washington Grant program offered by Washington State.
Economic Recovery Initiative
Information for Workers and Employers in Thurston County
The Thurston Regional Economic Recovery Task Force* is developing and coordinating a multi-faceted response to the COVID-19 Pandemic and its specific impacts to and throughout our broader Thurston County Community.
This is a difficult period for our community, and we want you to know, you’re not alone. Local partners are coming together in an effort to figure out how we can reduce impacts today and position ourselves for a quick and effective recovery in the months ahead.
We will endeavor to provide local businesses and impacted workers relevant information through this resource site and other means as events unfold. We’re working fast to bring you information as we learn about it, so please forgive any errors or omissions and be sure to share with us any resources or solutions you think could help others.
Together, we will make it through this.
- PPE Resources
- Childcare Stabilization Grant
- Nonprofit Grant
- Restaurant-Retail Grant
* The Task Force is represented by a growing number of partners, including the City of Lacey, City of Olympia, City of Tumwater, City of Yelm, Community Foundation of South Puget Sound, Experience Olympia & Beyond, Olympia Downtown Alliance, Pacific Mountain Workforce Development Council, Port of Olympia, Thurston Chamber of Commerce, Thurston County, Thurston Economic Development Council and local Tribal Nations.
Thurston Strong will continue to accept applications for micro-business and childcare provider grants through August 14. At that time, we will evaluate capacity to extend or pause the program until additional funding can be secured. To review eligibility and apply, please visit www.thurstonstrong.org and click on the applicable link on the landing page. If you have already applied, there is no need to resubmit. All received applications are being reviewed and processed now.
Over the past several weeks, Thurston Strong has offered a variety of resources to help business and institutional partners as they work through the challenges of remaining open or reopening to the public. To date:
- We have served 800 entities seeking protective masks and hand sanitizer
- Are reviewing nearly 400 (and counting) applications for microbusiness grants
- Are reviewing over 120 (and counting) applications for childcare provider grants
Sign up – we’ll keep you updated as new information becomes available.