The Thurston Strong Agriculture Grant is offered as a helping hand to agricultural businesses attempting to recover from economic injury as a result of COVID-19. All Thurston County agricultural businesses meeting eligibility requirements will be considered. The Thurston Economic Development Council will administer the program on behalf of Thurston Strong partners. The majority of funding support has been provided by local jurisdictions (Thurston County, Cities of Lacey, Olympia and Tumwater) through a dedicated portion of their individual CARES Act allocations. For technical assistance, contact our Business Hotline at 888-821-6652.
Expedite the safe and successful recovery of for-profit agricultural businesses, agricultural cooperatives, and farmers markets impacted by COVID-19.
- Agricultural businesses with 50 or fewer employees (or FTE equivalent) that serve the public and require additional capital to safely recover from economic injury due to COVID-19
- Food manufacturers/value-added food processors who manufacturer food products using ingredients purchased from agricultural producers in Thurston County
- Food/farm cooperatives with 50 or fewer members that aid in the purchase and distribution of agricultural products grown in Thurston County
- Farmers Markets
**Eligible businesses must have a physical location in Thurston County and a registered Unified Business Identification (UBI) Number.
Businesses owned by an employee, manager, officer, or elected official of any of the participating jurisdictions, or the Thurston Economic Development Council are ineligible.
Should requests outpace available funding, priority funding will be given to:
- Crop and livestock operations producing edible products
$10,000-$30,000 per eligible applicant as follows:
Farms, Value-Added Food Manufacturers and Processors
- $10,000 grant
- Under 7 employees/members/vendors = $10,000 grant
- 8-15 employees/members/vendors = $20,000 grant
- 16-50 employees/members/vendors = $30,000 grant
- Under $500,000 in annual market sales = $10,000 grant
- Between $500,000 and $2 Million in annual market sales = $20,000 grant
- Above $2 Million in annual market sales = $30,000 grant
- Anything not associated with reopening or adapting a business that existed prior to March 1, 2020
- Funding may NOT be used for expenses that have been or will be reimbursed by other federal funding programs (e.g. Economic Disaster Injury Loan or Payroll Protection Program).
None. But please be sure to let us know about any success stories so we can start sharing some good news with our broader community.
Applications received and reviewed on a rolling basis from inception until funding has been exhausted. Successful recipients will be notified by email or telephone as soon as possible.
|Reason for Rejection||Appeal Process or Remedy|
|Declined due to being of an ineligible type||Applicant may seek reconsideration by providing proof that business is engaged in an eligible type of business.|
|Declined due to incomplete submission of necessary documents||Applicant can seek reconsideration by providing required complete documents.|
|Declined due to evaluation the grant request does not meet the grant criteria||Applicant may seek reconsideration by providing proof that business does meet the grant criteria.|
|Declined due to lack of available grant funding||Applicant will be placed on a wait list pending the arrival of additional recovery funding (not guaranteed).|